Smile. Just smile : )
Let’s be real.
Anxiety is experienced by everyone at different times. No need to put others down if they’re in distress. Be there for one another. Make your communities strong. You are not alone. We have each other.
BUT…wait…What’s anxiety though?
WEB DEFINTION ”a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome”
So you’re saying anxiety happens when we feel as though a dangerous outcome may occur.
Hmm…let’s break it down.
Basically anxiety is made up of:
THOUGHTS (Think) x BODY SENSATIONS (Feel) x ACTIONS (Do)
- THOUGHTS of anything that can possibly go wrong (negative thoughts, doubts,etc)
- BODY SENSATIONS of feeling weak, dizzy, the sweats, numb, pain in the chest, your hearts activity, etc
- ACTIONS we project from being anxious, such as hyperventilating, biting of nails, avoiding situations/people, ritualistic behaviours (WHAT in the world? Basically things we do a lot without being aware i.e. safe routes, safe clothes, comfort foods, checking the time)
So now we know the basics of what anxiety is…
HOW CAN WE COPE WITH ANXIETY?
When we essentially start to think that something bad is going to happen, we tend to over-think about it. STOP OVER-THINKING! This brings in a toxic mind with toxic thoughts. Do you really want this kind of energy?
Counter these thoughts with questions like:
- What’s the worst thing that can happen? (But…did you die? Not to sound rude, but that kind of is the worst possible thing to happen)
- I’m thinking all these negative thoughts, and I remember being in this situation before. So what did I do about it? What can I do about it? Always find solutions. Always overcome your obstacles. Be brave. Be strong!
2. BE AWARE. ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD, NOT BACKWARDS.
Learn to face what you’re fearing. BE AWARE. How did you start to become anxious? Who, What Where, When, Why, and How? Always challenge yourself. Step out of your comfort zone. NOTHING GROWS IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE EXCEPT MISERY.
Remember, it takes time to overcome obstacles. Be patient with yourself.
Easy steps for self development and growth:
- What is the problem?
- Find (I suggest type/write/audio record) solutions to that problem.
- Set goals on how to overcome this problem with your solution.
- Work on those goals. Never stop putting in that work. Nothing comes easy.
- If there was no success the first time, then change your solutions, or change your goals, and try again. You are here for a reason, and it’s to overcome and become a stronger you.
3. TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF. KEEP BUSY.
- Find a hobby you like. Learn something new. You have one life, go ahead and live it. Find things that interest you and pursue them.
- Take your mind off of what is bothering you. Put some music on. Go for a walk, or go to the gym. There are also group work-out sessions at gyms.
- Get enough sleep every night. With a lack of sleep, people tend to feel more anxious.
This is a great site in how to overcome anxiety without taking medication. Check it out!
In need of someone to talk to? You are not alone. There are people who care.
- Ontario has the Mental Health Helpline – 1-866-531-2600
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- York Support Services Network: 1-855-310-COPE (2673)
International? I found an amazing site with several countries from around the world, and their helplines! Check it out! http://togetherweare-strong.tumblr.com/helpline
I can’t get up.
My sorrows are so heavy that I’m not so tough.
How did I get to be like this?
All I want to be is lifted, & all I wanted was bliss.
I can’t stand this feeling anymore.
I want to be free, and I want to do me!
I’m breaking my chains that keep me grounded.
Nothing will stop me now because today is my day.
I will no longer be bounded…
To the sorrows that keep me in jail &
To everyone who said I would fail!
I am free, & I am me.
I will succeed , just wait & see.
I can get up.
My sorrows are not so heavy .
I am to live this one life I have, and nothing can stop me.
I have learnt that life is filled with ups & downs, but keep your head held high with a beautiful crown.
Just take that first step & trust in oneself because one day you’ll look back & be so happy you took the time to invest in yourself
I am free, & I am me.
I will succeed , just wait & see.
Love is what drives us to happiness, to insanity, to laughter, and to madness. Is this love for life, or is it for temporary pleasure purposes for ones own greedy heart. Is this love for our own self, or to spread love to another. How can we love when
we want love for our own self? How do you even feel love? Do we even know? Heart-ache: is it worth the time?
Is there a love out there that does not pain, a love out there that does not lack in any elements.
Seek what we love, but our love seeks and lacks in many aspects.
To conquer love is to conquer ourselves. To love our own-self, to trust our own self, and then you must share with your own self this love in order to obtain happiness and a deep connection of love with another. To find love is to discover your own heart
Discover what fills your heart, but emptiness will find your heart, if you seek love. We should not seek from another, but ourselves, and then our heart will beat louder, and everything will come to pass. Your drive to madness will ease because happiness will fill your beautiful heart. Then you won’t wonder, but accept what everyones saying, “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Because self-love is forever. Self-love is strong. No more seeking, no more dreaming, find the love that is hidden in the shadows of your heart. Expand upon the meaning of your love, expand upon the beauty of your heart.
Expand upon yourself, your aspects and elements of your love, and happiness.
Discover your love, and fill your own heart.
As I lay in bed on my side, I gripped both my hands together realizing,
I’m not alone. I have me.
I have myself, and that’s all I ever needed to be strong was me.
And It felt so good to just lay knowing my inner self, and inner strength.
All along it was just me.